A Two day Bootcamp for emerging facilitators and leaders
Master techniques outside the ordinary: from Outdoor Adventure, Community Building, Creative Innovation, Ecopsychology and more
This intense and dynamic training course is a fantastic way to develop extraordinary skills in effective facilitation and leadership so that you can be more engaging and bring about deeper change for the people you work with.
Who is it for?
The course is for people who have already started facilitating or leading groups of people and who are hungry to branch out and try more effective techniques and ideas from outside the box. This course will expose you to dozens of new tactics and give you are chance to hone your skills in a fun and supportive setting.
During this course, participants will:
- Deepen their understanding of the ideas behind facilitation and participatory leadership
- Develop a bigger tool kit of practical techniques and skills and the strategies to collate them to make facilitation more effective
- Experience dozens of common and uncommon facilitation techniques including:
- Working in non-office settings to achieve more impact
- Honing skills in supporting innovation and creativity
- Developing greater self-mastery in tricky or challenging situations
- Dealing with controversial issues and divergent perspectives
- Developing a wider repertoire non-verbal communication skills
- Try out new techniques for themselves and receive feedback
- Reflect on your own personal strengths and receive coaching to boost your unique and effective style
- Develop your own follow up action plan
Who runs it?
Your guide is Liana Stupples a facilitator with over 20 years international experience. Liana has drawn from her diverse work co-ordinating everything from international human rights campaigns, community engagement for controversial resource management issues, national social innovation projects, youth going on outdoor adventures to community singing and distilled the most powerful and extraordinary facilitation techniques for you.
She has worked for all sectors including business, government and not for profit and understands the challenges of good leadership and facilitation in each. She has trained an equally wide range of people from international diplomats, to woman in prison.
Liana somehow helps you feel relaxed and open to new experiences; she will stick beside you as you challenge yourself. She can find the playful side of most things and she commits to bringing an engaging energy as well as sensitive facilitation skills to every event she runs. Despite the fun she is serious about building the capacity of people and organisations to tackle the real and the tough stuff. That is why she has been curious all her life about how to better facilitate and lead and wants you to practically benefit from this insight.
For more information see liana.kiwi.nz
What you get for your money
Two days training in a fantastic central venue including time outside
Fully catered lunch and refreshments
Full handbook of techniques and tips
Free follow up coaching session and peer support forum
One off Introductory Pricing
Waged/for profit or government organisations $450
students/unwaged/not for profits $250
early bird discount $50 off if book by August 31