Bringing direction, focus, innovation and engagement to your organisation
If you need help with:
- finding your strategic direction
- getting innovation happening
- engaging stakeholders or
- re-energising your team
- making your facilitation skills extra-ordinary
then I am your woman.
Here is why:
I have had strategic responsibility across a wide range of endeavours: from social enterprise start-ups, to global human rights campaigns, and communications for corporate clients and government departments.
I have worked at as an Executive Director, part of a senior management team and in Governance. As well as for for volunteer community groups,
My work now not only ensures you get a strategic output, but that you and your team have developed your strategy making capability along the way. I can work with your challenges; whether it be a complex team dynamic, tricky issues, or multiple conflicting stakeholders and create the right conditions for strategic clarity to emerge.
INDEPENDENT AND INNOVATIVE
I do this through a range of methods including enabling facilitation and mentoring, outdoor and nature adventures, intelligent issue analysis and generating creative and innovative ideas and options.
I have 25 years international experience as a motivational and facilitative leader in the fields of sustainable development, organisational strategy, social change and communications.
“The Hui was a resounding success and much of this credit must go to Liana who was like a symphony conductor over the four days, teasing out the talents of the attendees and bringing together diverse ideas to create a coherent whole. Liana’s facilitation exceeded expectations, which were high to start with. “
Strengthening Communities Hui 2016
“With her rich subject experience and knack for corralling people and ideas, Liana was able to quickly and comprehensively assimilate existing strategic material and plot a clear course forward.”
Recent projects include:
Providing training, facilitation and writing strategies for government: Ministry of Education, Environment Canterbury, SportNZ, Department of Conservation, Horowhenua District Council, MidCentral District Health Board
Devising bespoke resources, courses and coaching for teams in Business: PikPok, Project Happen, te Ara Whakatipu
Working with Iwi and Not for Profits to empower and engage their people: Ngai Tahu, Enviroschools, Nikau Foundation, and more
Advising and Facilitating for Kapiti District Council on their Long Term Plan
- Designing and delivering engaging events for the community, elected members and senior staff
- Advising on strategic process and communications for the development of the plan
Designing the Extraordinary Facilitation 2 day bootcamp
- This new course helps emerging facilitators develop out of the ordinary and powerful facilitation techniques:
"Very practical experiential learning – heaps of fun – gets you thinking outside the box"
Facilitating the formation of Environment Hubs Aotearoa.
- I was the national co-ordinator tasked with setting up a collective to unite 12-20 environment centres across the country, and created a new umbrella organisation of a significant scale and quality; Environment Hubs Aotearoa. This included the facilitation of the development of a three year strategy, financial model and communications – including brand and website which resulted in significant funding and stakeholder buy-in
Founding The Hikurangi Foundation (now Akina – the social enterprise incubator)
- Hikurangi was a national charity dedicated to helping Kiwis take action on climate change and sustainable development. It worked through creating practical and innovative cross-sector projects. I set up and developed the organisation with an annual income of $500,000 and output of 25 projects and 45 key partners over the first 2.5 years. Projects supported which have set new precedents include Blueskin Energy, Auckland’s Skypath, Little Greenie, and Twin Coast cycle trail.
Co-establishing Little Greenie Building Education
- I was a founding director for this community purpose company aimed at transforming the market for reasonably priced, high performance houses. Projects included designing and delivering Polytech builders training with youth in Otaki and securing significant funding for the building of a prototype affordable house. LGBE was commended in the 2014 ECCA energy awards.
Developing a 5 year strategy for Reconnecting Northland
- A pioneering large landscape conservation initiative run by WWF-New Zealand and the Landcare Trust. This work also included facilitating a team building programme and proposals for strategic values and organisational positioning.
Provided research, stakeholder consultation and analysis for a Report for the Department of Conservation
- A report and policy options on the contribution of Key Stakeholders to marine protection (with Down2Earth consulting)
“Thanks for all the work you have done to focus us on being more of a collaborative group. Your …amazingly creative organisation … energy, enthusiasm, skills and relationships with people have enabled this to happen”